Automotive Transformation Scheme (ATS)
Open for applications.
On 10 November 2008 the Government announced A New Car Plan for a Greener Future. The plan described the replacement of ACIS Stage 3 with the Automotive Transformation Scheme (ATS). ACIS Stage 3 was planned to run from 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2015.
ATS will run from 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2020 and will include:
- capped assistance of $1.5 billion from 2011 to 2015
- capped assistance of $1 billion from 2016 to 2020 and
- uncapped assistance of approximately $847 million.
Assistance will be available in the form of cash payments to automotive participants registered in one of the following categories:
- motor vehicle producers (MVPs)
- automotive component producers (ACPs)
- automotive machine tool and automotive tooling producers (AMTPs), and
- automotive service providers (ASPs).
Should you wish to find out more information, please contact the AusIndustry hotline on 13 28 46 or firstname.lastname@example.org.